Selam/ Hello everyone :)



My name is Henon Gebre and I am an international student here at Utah State University from Ethiopia. I am majoring in Public Health Education with a minor in Biology and Sociology. 


Throughout the rest of the year I am going to be blogging about my experiences as a student, giving you all a general idea of what it's like to be an AGGIE, including several things you can do in Logan, Utah. 


However, I want to tell you a little bit about me so that you don’t feel like everything I am saying is coming from a complete stranger. I was born in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia and lived there my whole life before coming to the United States. For those of you who don’t know where Ethiopia is, it is a beautiful country on the horn of Africa. I can go on and on and on talking about my Ethiopia but I won’t for the purpose of this blog. I came to the U.S. for school, right after I graduated from High school. Back when I was in high school, I haven’t taught about what I wanted to study in college but I knew the importance of higher education. The process of finding the career I want to pursue in the future was rather intimidating but I started by simply asking myself what I am most passionate about and where I want to be few years down the road. One thing I knew was that I wanted to help people live a better life. Living in Ethiopia, I have witnessed the two extreme ways of life in a developing country. There were those that had so much and those that barely had anything to get through the day. I come from a middle class family and growing up, my parents provided me with everything I needed and more. Yet, I kept thinking about those who don’t have the means to better themselves, and how I can help make a difference in their lives. After exploring different options, I have come up with the conclusion that I want to go into the field of Public Health as it allows me make an impact in people’s lives.


Then I started looking in to schools that have great public Health programs, and that’s when I decided to study abroad. I will talk about why I chose Utah State University among others and why I decided to come to America in a different blog :)


I am going to finish today’s blog by telling you three random things about me: 

1) I love coffee, now you know why my favorite dessert is Tiramisu!

2) I love to travel! Since I came to the U.S., I had the opportunity to visit 15 states: California, Washington, D.C, Maryland, Virginia, Arizona, Idaho, Wyoming, Florida, Illinois, Indiana, Ohio, Nevada, Pennsylvania and Utah (duh) 

3) I still haven’t went skiing or snowboarding, which is one of many reasons why people choose to come to the Utah


I hope you know me a little better now! Please comment below if you have any questions or anything you would like to know about Utah State University or living in Utah.


Be on the look out for my next blog, until then, take care :)


Comments

  1. Digital Marketing Company India | Australia Immigration Consultants Bangalore

    The contents are really cohesive and makes sense.
    I really appreciate the writing style of the author.
    Thank You.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts