Friday, October 2, 2015

Why I chose Utah State University? - Areg Haytayan


Education Quality 


USU Merrill-Cazier Library
Utah State University is ranked  #2 public university in the West by Forbes in Top Colleges category. At first when I found this statistics, it seemed to me that this was another piece of information that was useless and boring. However, once you make it to Utah State University, you realize that this place has great professors and suitable environment for focusing on your studies. Flexible school system allows you to explore the majors you are interested in and take classes that might be completely irrelevant to you major. For instance, I am an International Business major, but I have taken some photography and history classes.

People

People are the most valuable asset this institution has. School can get busy and it is important to have the right people around you who will support you academically. Also, there are numerous events going on everyday that provide great opportunities to get involved and participate in activities ranging from sports to "napping clubs".
USU Graduates
Also, if you have a special skill or talent that you would like to share with other students, you can start your own club. This will allow you to gain leadership experience while having fun doing what you like to do. This is one of the main reasons why I would never choose any other school over USU. Here I am able to meet people from different cultures and share my culture with them.

Location

Cache Valley
USU Logan campus, where I am at, is pretty close to mountains and looks very similar to where I come from. Armenia, just like Utah, has a lot of mountains and a similar level of elevation. Clean air and rocky canyons remind me of my country which makes it easier for me to adapt.

Aggie Culture


USU Football Game
Sharing the school heritage and holding the legacy of being an Aggie is a great honor. This is an incredible feeling of pride towards what USU is all about and what it represents. Most people prefer to go to athletic events and cheer for the Aggie teams, but this pride is not only limited to athletics. Aggie alumni, that have been very successful in their own careers, frequently take part in school events and look for qualified Aggies for potential job opportunities. 



No comments:

Post a Comment