VACATION IS AROUND THE CORNER!

As the finals week is getting closer, international students start getting ready to pack and go home! This is the most exiting time of the year for me because finally after one year and seven months I can go home and see my family and friends. Not everything is awesome because even though I'm really exited to go home, I  cant stop thinking about finals week. You guys probably don't know what "saving the semester" is yet, but I assure you that once you are on your junior year you will understand. To make things simple; I will explain what this means. "Saving the semester" means that the first few months you didn't do good in a class, and your only chance to pass it is to study really hard for the final and pray to get a good grade. well that's me right now! I'm praying to get a good grade in genetics.


Lets forget about all that finals week stress, and lets focus about going back home!
I want to do so many things will I'm there that I cant even plane what I want to do. The only thing that I know for sure that I will do is cry when I step outside of the airport and see my family. I don't know why I always cry when I return home. I guess that after a long time being outside of your country and far from your family there is nothing better than seeing them again! ( or I'm just too emotional-This is very true!). This Christmas is going to be very interesting because my American boyfriend is coming home with me! He DOESNT know much Spanish, and most of my family doesn't speak English. We've been dating for two years and three months already, and this is his first time meeting my family. I think they will love him because he is very kind, funny and loves food. Talking about food... I cant wait to eat Dominican food. This is the second thing that I will for sure do, eat "LA BANDERA DOMINICANA" which is a Dominican plate that has rice, chicken, and beans. Lets not forget our friend the avocado! ummmm know I cant stop thinking about food!!! Like fried plantains with salami, "un sancochito" (which is a type of Dominican food), "moro de guandules" ( type of rice mix with beans), "pastelon de todo tipo" (this is a bake meal, and I said all kinds of it) , and last but not least "batida" which is like a milk shake made out of natural fruit. This is just a little description of what I will be eating, but there is so much more to add to it. I just don't want to make this post too long!


I cant wait to go to the rivers and the beaches. I don't want to brag about it, but we have the most beautiful beaches in the worlds, and I cant wait to go swimming in one of them. They have the most crystalline water and the whiter sand in the entire world. Some of this beautiful places are Bahia de las Aguilas, Punta Cana, Cayo Levantado, Las Terrenas, Sosua, etc.


I love going to Utah State, and living at Logan, but there is nothing like going home. I cant wait to listen to Dominican Christmas songs which are very cheerful, and dance along the rhythm of the tambourines. there is nothing like going back to where you are from after a long journey somewhere else.
    

Go Aggies!!!

Comments

Popular Posts