Sunday, January 31, 2016

An Ambassador Experience

One of many opportunities at USU is to become an ambassador. As an ambassador, not only are you given a scholarship, you also experience what it's like to obtain an education rather than to simply grind through college for a degree. This past Friday I had the pleasure of driving down to Wasatch Academy, an international high school in central Utah and share some of my experiences as an international Aggie. Recall a few years ago, I was no different than the high school students in the picture; a little ambitious about where to study for college, kind of nervous, and admittedly a little confused as well. That's where I (on the very left), as an ambassador, step in to share some of my experiences when I had to make hard choices, sacrifices, and more importantly how I make the most out of my time at college. To represent myself, my university, and my country is surely a rewarding experience and one to be proud of. Undoubtedly, my presence along with our famous Aggie ice cream flattered these students as witnessed by the smiles on their faces. Who knows, they could be the next Aggies because of us and what we do - to change lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment