Wednesday, September 7, 2016

International Ambassador - Andrea Diaz


Hola a todos! My name is Laura Andrea Flores Diaz (too long) BUT you can call me Andrea. I am from Mexico City and I am also a new International Ambassador at Utah State University. 

This year will be my second year at USU and I am an International Business major. I was born and raised in Mexico and I currently live there but when I was 11 years old my father decided to send me to a boarding school located upstate New York. 

I loved studying in the United States but when it was time to go back to my country, I begged my father to allow me to pursue higher education in the United States so I could stay and graduate from a U.S high school. The boarding school in NY was only from 6th grade to 9th grade so I had to look for another boarding school from grades 10th to 12th. 
I was looking at many schools but I was very interested at one school that happened to be in Utah. 

I decided to attend to that boarding school in Utah and I fell in love with the location, MOUNTAINS and the people. (Even though I still don't get along with the weather that much) I still love Utah <3. 

I chose Utah State because it has a great program for my major and because it is "closer" to home! It also has a great outdoor program and many international students. I am excited for this upcoming year and I can not wait for all the events, memories and experiences that will happen this year.

I guess that is enough about me... but definitely keep an eye out for all my posts every week. Please feel free to comment below if you have any questions or concerns. 



BTW... Here are 3 things about me.......so you know me a little more!

1. I have been studying at boarding schools in the U.S since I was 11 while my parents work in Mexico. 
2. I love chocolate and coffee. 
3. I love hiking!









ADIOS AMIGOS :) 





No comments:

Post a Comment