Tuesday, April 4, 2017

Ambassador activities

Hello everyone,
How are you doing?

As scholarship for international ambassadors are up, I will talk about the experience I had.
Started last fall, it has almost been a year since I started this program.
At first, it was not easy because I am an international student that spent only a year in the states.
I really did not know what to do or how to do things. But people that I met as I started ambassador program really helped me a lot to get through it. Especially my IA ( international ambassador ) group led me through tons of things that were all new to me.
Almost every activities that I have done as an ambassador was fresh and new.
Among all those activities, I would say that Open- House, high school visit and A-Day were the most meaningful and new for me. The reason for it is because I got to personally share my experiences as an Aggie to those people who have interest in Utah State.
Thinking that sharing my personal experience and information about school would lead some other students to USU, it seems really meaningful.
Especially at A-Day (when high school students who applied to USU came up to campus for a day to experience life over here) I got to talk to kids who were interested in my major. I gave them the information, tips that I could give to them. I felt really good and even fun because I was giving them something new that would be helpful for them.
All these activities that I have throughout the first year was actually a lot of fun. I am looking forward to having more and more of these fun events.

No comments:

Post a Comment